A fantastic opportunity has surfaced at our Muirhall site to aid the North British Distillery in the effective leadership of our warehousing business, ensuring that our system of production meets both company and customer expectations with a view to maintain operational excellence.
Reporting to the Customer Logistics and Warehousing Director, the key responsibilities for this role include:
- Leading the operations team to maximise capability and reduce waste
- Assisting in driving the business, using LEAN manufacturing methodologies
- Monitoring the current efficiency of the system of production, analysing and gathering data alongside the planning department to make recommendations for operational improvement
- Supervising the day to day running of all warehouse operations, responding calmly and decisively to any challenges that arise within the warehousing process.
To succeed in this role, the following qualifications, skills and attributes are required:
- Ideally degree qualified in a relevant discipline
- Excellent knowledge of current relevant HSE legislation
- Exceptional leadership and interpersonal skills with a visible and approachable style
- A sound knowledge of LEAN and a passion for CI
- A proven change management background
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications
- Good communication skills, with a customer-focused approach
- Strong planning and organisational skills, with the ability to adapt to changing business situations
- Pays attention to detail and takes pride in delivering a professional standard of work.