Day Shift Maintenance Electrician
Permanent position based at the Distillery on Wheatfield Road, Edinburgh.
An opportunity has arisen at our Edinburgh distillery to aid the Company’s Engineering Department in maintaining the efficient operation of all electrical equipment on site.
Reporting to the Engineering Supervisor, the key responsibilities for this role include:
- Assisting the Company in ensuring that all electrical equipment and operations on site meet the necessary health and safety requirements, complying with current legislation to maintain a safe working environment for employees
- Performing day to day electrical maintenance tasks to overhaul, repair and test all electrical equipment, meeting FEMAS standards where required
- Installing new electrical systems as required by plant improvement or safety requirements.
- Building and aiding in the designing of new electrical control panels
- Maintaining and adhering to a clear vision of the company’s business objectives and cultural standards when executing all site electrical developments
- Liaising with production and operation departments to provide electrical isolation services and making recommendations for improvement when required.
To succeed in this role, the following qualifications, skills and attributes are required:
- Knowledge of current relevant HSE legislation
- Time served Maintenance Electrician or HNC, City & Guilds Equivalent
- BS 7671 17th Edition Qualified would be preferable
- The confidence to work on own initiative as well as having the interpersonal skills to work as part of a team
- Good communication skills, with a customer-focused approach
- Good general health with no fear of heights or confined spaces
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel
- Pays attention to detail and takes pride in delivering a professional standard of work.
For further details, please follow this link: Day Shift Maintenance Electrician – Job Description
Closing date for applications is 24th November, 2017